Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

RV LIFE: This Crazy Idea

Anyone ever had really good intentions that lacked follow-through?  Birthday cards/gifts, scrapbooks, photo albums, home organization, new family traditions, etc.

Really high on my good intentions list is recording my thoughts and life adventures, and I know I will have regrets if I don’t find the time to record our transition to full-time RVing, so I’m going to do my best to give short, frequent updates (once / if I ever get caught up) so I don’t get overwhelmed with thinking I have to write a short book every blog post. Haha.

I’m already having to ask Matt “just how/when did we decide we were ACTUALLY going to start the process?”

We were at Markeley Grove Park in Minneapolis with Hayden one evening this spring when Matt spotted a 5th wheel camped out and made the comment, “We could do that, and Hayden could have a new park in his front yard on a weekly basis.”

My peaked interest set Matt’s Craigslist search in motion and it wasn’t long before the possibilities started pouring in…and quite honestly, it was all looking VERY appealing!

And not only the campers were appealing, but the lifestyle in general, and it helping us reach other goals we have for our life was appealing as well.  Some of the most attractive changes in lifestyle, for us, include:
  • Living debt-free (including the house)
  • Investing in rental properties
  • Matt’s ability to be more effective at his job, without sacrificing time with Hayden & I
  • Upgrading to a camper with slide outs
  • [More] freedom to travel
Once we were under a mutual agreement to seriously move forward, we listed the most necessary items such as the 715 E 7th Street property and ’95 Rexhall Aerbus for sale within a month of the decision to move forward.  Both of these items are still for sale, but we have very promising leads on both of them.

The responses we’ve gotten from people have ranged from raised eyebrows, “what the heck gave you that idea,” “good for you!” and lots of questioning.

We (mostly Matt) have done a ton of research in to fifth wheels, trucks, and the lifestyle in general, but there will be a ton of questions we won’t be able to answer until we’re out on the road.  We love getting questions from our family and friends, as sometimes it helps bring light to something we may have overlooked, so feel free to drop some of your questions below, and I’ll work on putting together a blog with our most commonly asked questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment