Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

LIFE: Camping on Thursday

Today has been a productive and relaxing whirlwind. Lol. 

I picked Trenton up about 11pm last night so we could head to Curtis Creek via KS-18 in the morning. We proceeded to stay up until about 4am getting the motorhome packed.  I wanted to leave between 9-10am, so I decided to set my alarm for 9.  I didn't make it with all the checklists in my head.

On just over three hours of sleep, we left the house at 9:30am, and Minneapolis at 10:05am.

The drive was pretty uneventful, which I'm always thankful for!  Set the cruise at 65 headed east for camp. There was a pretty good south wind, and at one point as I came up to a tree line, the motorhome pulled quickly and without much notice started flirting too close for comfort with the edge of the road.

Every nerve in my body was activated, and apparently there's a lot of them in my stomach!

Driving the motorhome doesn't really scare me anymore, but I do still doubt my ability in certain situations and put way too much thought and worry in to made up scenarios in my mind most of the time while driving.  I couldn't help but wander my "what-if" worries to what it's going to be like with a semi and 45' trailer! :-O

Which then, as I tried to regain some normalcy with my nerves again, led me to spending the next 10-15 minutes in awe of how intricate our bodies are.  That little split second motion created all but havoc with the chain reaction of mind and nerve connections. Craziness.

I got to empty tanks from last weekend first thing. Yippee! I think the dump station is conveniently located in the most direct shot of sunshine in a three state area!  I'm going to have to try to plan better than to be dumping between 11am-3pm.

Shakeology
"Make it a double one"

We pulled in to Site 20 just in time to get leveled up, hook up to power and water and eat some lunch.  Forgot the peanut butter. :(  Which was about the third thing already at this point on the list of forgotten stuff for Matt to bring. It's kind of nice to have a back up plan/straggler!

Matt text about the campground "neighbors" and wondered if there was any leftover wood we could gather.  We made a pretty good haul and got a pretty sweet (and sweaty) workout out of the deal!  It would be the extent of my workout for the day, so I wasn't complaining a bit. It kind of felt a little Biggest Loser challenge-ish.

This kid is a freaking rock star! I want him around my kid as much as possible so he'll rub off on him! Just from the pictures and texts I sent Matt, it made him ask if we had to give him back.  Lol!  Do we?!?!

Go to fire ring and collect as much wood as you can carry.
Bring it to our campsite.
Return to fire pit for remaining wood.
Back to our pit with it.
Repeat process for each fire ring.


At this point I REALLY needed to force myself in to focusing on working on the final Pregame ads.  My ability to focus when I'm sleep deprived is horrendous.

I spent 4-5 hours of my afternoon working on ads while watching Hayden and Trenton play together.  They played on the slides, went for a bike ride, swam, and cooled off in the motorhome to fill their afternoon. I may have even for a very split second while watching them play in the water had a fleeting thought about a second child. I can't believe I just admitted that!

It's hard to see them, but Hayden & Trenton spent a good 30-45 minutes floating and splashing around in the water together while I sat in the motorhome working on ads and glancing out at them.

So I'm completely exhausted and came to bed 2 hours ago.  Laying here mentally reflecting on the day, going over possible plans/scenarios for tomorrow, and also feeling a little bit guilty for being here and having the day I've had to reflect on.

As exhausted as I am from my lack of sleep, back at home, Matt and Tyson are (and have been all week) BUSTING THEIR TAILS...AFTER WORKING...to get the new motor running and mounted and hooked up on the pontoon (the old one quit right at the end of last weekends trip) so we all, but especially my family making the trip from MN, have it here for entertainment and the "true" lake experience this weekend.



I told them, "No matter what happens with the boat for this weekend... It is AMAZING what you guys are capable of!"

No comments:

Post a Comment