Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Horseshoes can bring families together

By Jerry LaBrosse
Published in the January-February 2002 edition of the MGSHPA Ringer Digest

As we start out the 2002 horseshoe season, we should reflect on the events of 2001.  Life has changed in America, and people have been drawn closer together in many ways.  Things that are important have come into focus, things like family and friends and people in need.

Your involvement in horseshoes can be a great way to build those things in your life.  I look at families in our organization like the Larsons, Froehlichs, Sandquists, Meads, Albrechts and the list goes on.


These families enjoy horseshoe, traveling to tournaments together and supporting each other.  Horseshoe is the glue that holds some of these families together, and it's really nice to see that.  Ask yourself how many friends you have that came from the horseshoe world.  I know I have many friends that I would have never met had it not been for the game.

Jerry LaBrosse and me in 2004 at my high school awards night.
He was the MGSHPA President at the time.

Jerry and me in 2016 at the State Horseshoe Banquet in Pierz, MN.
Always fun to return home to all the familiar faces of my MN horseshoe family!
Each year you see these friends and also make new ones, and that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment