Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

More Than a Thought

I had a friend ask me the other day if I still blog, to which I replied, "Does 'thinking' about blogging count?" I guess since you all aren't mind readers, me just thinking about blogging isn't going to be very informational or entertaining.

I'm not going to be able to catch you up on all my "thoughts" in the past 4+ months, but I'll try to highlight some of them.

Christmas in Kansas - It was our year to host, which is something we LOVE to do. Having a full, loud house is what the holidays are all about! Trenton spent several days with us, playing games and keeping Al (my dad) on his toes.



•  Helping the In-Laws Move - This actually covers the majority of the time span since my last post. They lived across the street from an elementary school, and the school decided they needed more parking and bought the three houses across the street, one of them belonging to my in-laws. Although caught off guard by the news at first, they were able to find a place in the country allowing for some down-sizing in living space and acquiring some land. It's a neat place, but it needed some updating. Between helping with the quick "flip" and moving 33+ years worth of belongings, Christmas to March was pretty much LOST in the shuffle. Hayden got his first taste of daycare and his first overnight stay during this adventure. Let's just say we have some GREAT friends. Thank you to all of our friends and family who played any role in helping take care of Hayden during this time frame! And possibly the sweetest, most memorable thing to come out of the situation was a note in my Valentine's Day card from the hubby saying his favorite thing to do is "anything beside me." I love that guy so much!!!


Race Season 2014 - We kicked off race season March 14-15 in Beatrice, NE. The second night of racing got snowed out. I just can't understand why we have to gamble with mother nature with such early attempts at starting the season. Nebraska is just far enough north (and racecar drivers/fans are just impatient enough) that it draws several cars from Iowa, Minnesota, and the Dakotas, and it's always easy to pick out who's from where when it gets chilly and the coats come out...turns out snowmobile jackets are fairly endemic. We were home for three days before heading out to Hays for the Sunflower Classic the following Friday-Saturday, and the Spring Fling in WaKeeney on Sunday. The motorhome was our home there for about a week, and honestly, it went really well. I am so glad we have it so we can take Squeak with us on our adventures! Both of these weekends were part of the IMCA Stock Car series that Matt promotes.

Squeak Highlights - He's getting more and more mobile each day. He's trying so hard to crawl, but just not quite there yet. He's starting to figure out that he can continually roll and cover quite a bit of space. And just in the last week he's experimented with going from a sitting position to a "crawling" position, which currently just results in an awkward, uncoordinated transition to tummy time. He's standing beside furniture and toys now too, but I wouldn't trust him to do so without close supervision, he's pretty wobbly. I know all of this is leading to independent mobility, which is going to take mothering to a whole different level...oh boy! Just a week or so before turning 6 months old we introduced some solids << if you've seen baby food, you know that word needs to be used lightly. He LOVES him some spoon-fed meals and it's made a lot of grandparents happy to see him putting on some weight finally. He was in the two percentile (yes, two) for both height and weight at our 6 month apppointment. A week and a half ago he had his first tooth pop through his gums (bottom left), with the bottom right popping through about a week later. I'm not sure if his first ear infection a few days before the tooth coming in was related, or just coincident. Either way, neither ear infections or teething would be on the top of my list of motherhood favorites. He's quite the trooper even through all the growing pains. I love that kid so much!!!


There's some other [mostly boring] junk that has happened in the past four months, but I'll spare you the details.

Sorry for the long wait between posts, but as always, thanks for checking in on us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment