Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Up-DATES

Awe...only two more weeks! Or AHHHH...only two more weeks! I haven't quite decided yet, but in the meantime...
  • I feel my motherly instincts have already kicked in...I have had Hayden's bag packed and (hopefully) ready for nearly two weeks now, but haven't even started packing my bag. Of course, Hayden's not currently using any of the stuff that needs to be in his bag.
  • Our doctor said he didn't want to go past our due date because of my history of high blood pressure, so if we induce before then, I'd expect we'll be heading to the hospital on August 22. Our next doctor appointment is Tuesday, so we'll see if we can set a date then, since I don't think he's coming on his own prior to the 24th.
  • August 22...That's my twin cousins' birthday. Hayden should feel honored if he happens to get the opportunity to share a birthday with Phil & Anna! :)
L-R: Phil, his wife Angie, Anna, her husband Mark
  • Also thinking of his arrival, I got to thinking about how old Hayden's mom and dad will be when he is born. Dad will be 31 and Mom will be 28. And I have no explanation for how my brain works, but this instantly made me realize that in the year 2031, we'll be celebrating an 18th & a 50th birthday party! Goodness, what a year that'll be![Phil & Anna are the same age as Matt, so if Hayden happens to share a birthday with them, that'll be a big day for all of them!]
  • Hayden's cousin, LILY KATE was born yesterday!! Such an amazing little blessing from God she is. God's timing is always perfect, even if you have to wait years for the answer you want. Congratulatons, Joe, Sylvia & Nora!! [And sticking with the dates theme...08-08 is a pretty cool birthday!]
Lily Kate arrived at 2 pm on 08-08-2013. She is 7 lbs. 5 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long.

Well, I suppose I better get back to wrapping up my work projects and the other month or two's worth of stuff I need to do in the next two weeks before we have a wonderful little distraction hanging out at our house with us!

Oh, we had some maternity pictures taken this past week...naturally on the hottest, most humid day of the summer...the photographer said they look great and we should be able to get them tomorrow night at her daughter's 1st birthday party, so as long as she's not lying to me about how they look, I'll post some on my next blog update! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! You are sounding so excited and I couldn't be happier for you! I can't believe how fast a pregnancy goes when you're not the one pregnant! Lol.

    ReplyDelete