Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

GodSTOP #1

In Beth Moore's Bible Study, "Believing God," she introduces an exercise to help each of us notice how God is at work in our lives and our surroundings. Her description of a GodStop is “any way God discloses Himself to you." I am going to try to make a weekly GodSTOP (Savoring The Observable Presence) here on my blog. Feel free to comment below with any GodSTOP you'd like to share.



GodSTOP (Week 31)

• Five hour conversation with Grandpa & Grandma Usher on Tuesday which encouraged me the rest of the day and week (Read more about that here)

• My backup support person (for labor, in case the hubby is on the road) rearranging her schedule to be sure she was available for me.

• My neighbor checking in on how I'm feeling via Facebook. (She has agreed to be my backup driver, if necessary.)

• Matt commenting on my Facebook status implying the races were almost over and saying "I love you," knowing I was missing him at home and awaiting his arrival.

• The gentleman sitting next to me at the races who saw me struggling to change the battery on the video camera and coming over with his flashlight and helping me find the "battery release" button.

• The smile on "Grandpa" Kvacik's face when he opened his "very-belated" Father's Day gift. A shirt that reads, "GRANDPA...Grand kids love me, fish fear me."

• Receiving a very heartfelt, beautiful, hand-made gift for Hayden from his grandparents.

• Watching Grandma Usher "love" on Matt as they were sitting by each other when we stopped by Sunday afternoon.

• Grandpa Usher's willingness to help glue a shelf back together for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment