Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

34 Weeks & Counting

With starting this blog so late in pregnancy, I'll give a quick debriefing for anyone who doesn't know our story...

We tried for 6 months (8 according to the calendar, but two months in a row we found ourselves half way across the country from one another during the "critical" time of the month). First signs of pregnancy for me included unexplainable exhaustion during a morning shower and unquenchable thirst. So I had a hunch, but decided to wait a few days before taking the test...our first positive pregnancy test was taken Christmas morning, 2012. It was such a fun time of year to share our GOOD NEWS with family and friends!

First trimester brought some strange food and drink aversions, and extreme tiredness. Luckily I work from home so I was able to nap throughout the day as needed.

Second trimester and the first few weeks of third trimester were a breeze and, like most of my pregnancy, were some of the most enjoyable times of my life thus far. Planning for parenthood has really strengthened Matt and I's relationship and brought us to a whole new level in our marriage.

(Re-reading that sentence reminds me of a friend of ours who has always said, "Planned Parenthood...isn't that an oxymoron? People actually plan to get pregnant?!?!")

Parenthood has also revived our spiritual lives, which would be the best explanation for our husband and wife relationship experiencing a boost.

But now I've hit the "motivation" stage of pregnancy, and I can definitely say my "pushing" tank is filling up from all the discomforts I've been experiencing.

Things I can't wait to be done with:
1. Fat feet and cankles
2. Fat feet and cankles
3. Fat feet and cankles
4. Fat feet and cankles
5. Fat feet and cankles

Things I can't wait to do again:
1. Lay on my stomach
2. Wipe like a normal human-being
3. Enjoy a margarita or two
4. Workout / Run
5. Turn in bed without feeling like I just ran a 1/4 mile
6. Drive/ride ATVs

I hate to complain too much, as this pregnancy has brought me so many smiles, and so much joy! So I'll end with this list.

Reasons life is the BEST I've experienced in 28 years:
1. Closer relationship with my heavenly Father, the Creator of Life
2. My amazing husband (father-to-be)
3. Healthy pregnancy thus far
4. Anticipation of motherhood
5. Outpouring of support from friends and family
6. Feeling our little boy move (bonding)
7. Stay-at-home job status
8. Matt's career and his ability to provide for our family

34 Weeks, 3 Days

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I can't believe you are already 34 weeks pregnant. Where has the time gone. It seem like yesterday I asked why Matt was drinking and you were not and you said "well that wouldn't be good for the baby, now would it?" I thought I was going to FALL over. I'm so happy for you guys!!! I can't wait for tomorrow's shower!!

    ReplyDelete