Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday the 13th. Pah!

Just wanted to drop a quick note about my new journey. Last Monday I started a Team Beachbody Challenge. I stuck to eating healthy 100% all week, and continued my morning runs, as well as adding in Beachbody's TurboFire workout. Today was "reward" day:

Today was weigh in day for my challenge group. You get 2 points if you lose 1% or more of your body weight, 1 point for any loss under 1%, or no points if you don't lose.


I've told myself not to weigh except for on weigh in day. If I really focus on eating healthy and getting my workouts in, and give it all I have, then it doesn't matter what the scale says. It made my day this morning when I stepped on the scale and was down..............7.2 lbs!!!.............since last Friday.



To join the challenge group, I had to buy a "Challenge Pack" which included a workout and Shakeology. I am loving my Shakeology (which from the little I know, is quite similar to Advocare's Spark)...it would take you like 3 days to eat the amount of vegetables that are in it, right?!?!?! It's a protein drink that actually tastes good (you gotta find the right recipe/blend) and I've had plenty of energy all week, so I'm all for it. :)


Wednesday's Challenge was to do a 10 second wall sit after every bathroom break. It was a reminder to be drinking our water, and building our leg muscles! To get the point for the day we had to take a picture of ourselves doing a wall sit.


And last but not least, I've ran (and a few walks in the beginning)....50 TIMES....since March 18. Whoop Whoop! Wasn't it sweet of MapMyFitness to email me a congrats on this accomplishment?!?!

Any and all encouragement and motivation during my challenge (and beyond) is much appreciated! The challenge runs from June 9 to July 9.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment