Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Jet Lag

Last weekend we made our first trip to Minnesota. (*This was September 19-23, but it was last weekend at the time I started this post.) As I had been told, Hayden traveled well, sleeping the majority of the way.


Oops!
I guess I'll have to quit giving Matt a hard time about doing stuff like this (at least for a little while)!

Minnesota
We pulled in to the farm (my parents) a little after 8pm on Friday. We got Hayden out of the truck and inside, and the fight for who got to hold him began. :-) It wasn't much of a fight since it had apparently been discussed beforehand that Grandpa would be first since he hadn't seen him yet. It was when Grandpa was taking too long to get Hayden out of his car seat that Grandma barked at him to either take his turn or she was going to. And that was the last I would hold my son (well, except the mid-night/early morning feedings) until Monday.

Saturday morning was spent getting pretty for pictures. It wasn't too hard to do since we're all so good-looking anyway...and also because I forgot my make-up and hair products at home, so showering and blow drying my hair was about the extent of what could be done.  We got some GREAT pics, but since they're Christmas card pics you'll have to wait. ;-)

Family started rolling in shortly after pics and the rest of the day was spent showing off/sharing Squeak and visiting. Cody & Kayla came over in the afternoon and we exchanged shower gifts and they met Hayden. As you may recall from my previous post, I accidently booked my shower right on top of Kayla's. At dusk, everyone gathered around the campfire for a fireworks display using up what was left from the 4th of July. I watched a couple, and then took advantage of all the awake family members to take care of Squeak and snuck off to the house to turn in early. 8:30pm. Yes. It. Was. Amazing. I got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep! I felt like I could conquer the world when I got up.

Cousins, William and Hayden – 3 months apart
(William is the son of my cousin Phil, and his wife Angie)

Kayla meeting Hayden for the first time. She and Cody are expecting a little girl in November.
We're so excited for them!

Baby Shower
My aunts threw Squeak and I a very nice shower on Sunday afternoon. It was the perfect size gathering, allowing me to catch up with some very important people in my life. I was reminded how sweet of people I was surrounded by growing up, and they were all so welcoming of Hayden. I think I underestimated the pride I would feel when "showing off" Squeak.

My wonderful aunts who hosted our Minnesota shower.

Thank you to everyone who attended, or sent their congrats in some manner! Also...I have to make mention of the scrumptious fruit pizza Aunt Teri made. I was so bummed when I went back for seconds and there weren't any. :-(

So this is where I was going to write about "The Week After," but since I'm just now "finishing" this post on Squeak's two month birthday, I guess I'll just include it in my two month post.

No comments:

Post a Comment